|A trip to the art museum|
My search continued this week, because I wanted to be able to upload collages of photos to my blog, Instagram, and Facebook. Collages are particularly useful when you want to create a visual for a central idea that contains different features or steps. For example, in one photo you can illustrate multiple steps in one recipe, a single fashion trend interpreted in multiple ways, or several happenings in one event.
I tested out several collage apps on my iPhone (hint: when evaluating apps, look for those that have been downloaded most, then check out the reviews), and I like InstaCollage the best. Here are the reasons:
- It is free
- It is user friendly: you can easily add and delete photos from your collages. Some apps require that you start all over if you want to switch photos around
- You can change your mind. For example, you can switch from using a 3 photo collage to using a 4 photo collage without repercussions. Other apps require that you start over if you change your mind in the middle of the creation process, and a girl can't create within such strict parameters!
- The fonts and borders can be both as professional and cooky as you want them to be. This makes them perfect for work and play
- You can instantly share your collages to all the major platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Email, your camera roll
- This one has lots of free functionality. I downloaded several apps that were free, but then each time I touched my screen to work on my photo they'd ask for .99 to complete the action: maddening!
- There are loads of filter options, as well as the options to write on photos and add stickers
So, start experimenting and creating. Below are a couple of my creations. I hope they inspire a magnificent creation:
|Roasted chickpeas are a yummy and healthy snack|