Since 2009, I've become determined to celebrate whenever and whatever I can, because life is too short and too difficult to dwell on the negative. This means when the dog pees in the house, the kids fight relentlessly, and a work campaign becomes a big flop, I'm celebrating the fact that my amazing husband went out to Starbucks and bought me a cappuccino.
Here's what I plan to celebrate in the coming weeks:
- The transformation of my neighborhood, from an ordinary collection of homes to a sparkly, wonderland full of glitzy masterpieces
- The opportunity to select the perfect gift for each person I love
- Shopping without guilt
- Hot chocolate, made with foamy milk
- Baking and decorating sugar cookies with my, now quite skilled, children
- Watching TV under a pile of blankets
- Dressing up
- Going to parties
- Bundling up and hiking in the snow
- Air popped popcorn and an afternoon watching Holiday Inn
- Drinking lots of red wine
What will warm you inside?